It has been a week!!! and I'm only at Tuesday? Serious?! How come it feels like it's been an eternity and I've still got so far to go - sigh. Because life is like that and that's all there is to it! Okay, so I started a list of all the things that I HATE just to vent, right? As I was typing faster then my fingers could go I got a slap in the face from somewhere, 'huh?', and realized I had entered the 'negativity zone' - the 'negativity zone' is where all creativity stops and 'dead ends' rear their ugly heads. Oh, yah, that's right! Hmmmmm - okay, how about a different kind of list:
l. I love it when I don't drop at least ten things a day....
2. I love it when it doesn't rain 24/7
3. I love it when there isn't more then two technical problems in a day (It's been computer work for three days straight)
4. I love it when the birds aren't molting and the floor doesn't look like there was a pillow fight
5. I love it when I don't have to wash my hair and take an extra 15 mins getting it back to dirty enough to manage
6. I love it when I don't spill half my coffee in the morning ( believe me I need every drop)
7. I love it when I actually get GOOD customer service - so rare!!
8. I love it when I don't drag wax, paint, and stuff I don't even know what it is, into the house when I'm done painting for the day
9. I love it when I actually know what I'm making for dinner
10. I love it when the clothes I've ordered online actually fit!
This list could go on and on and maybe I will add to it as the days go by, but there were actually some wonderful things that have happened. On Saturday and Sunday my artist friend Melinda Esparza (love her work and spirit, check her out)was part of the annual Artist's Studio Tour in Tucson AZ - okay that's very cool, but she did something I'm totally jacked up about - she streamed live painting demos from her studio!! I was able to actually watch her do her magic. How cool is that!! So of course I'm thinking, geez, what an amazing tool! right? so I went to 'ustream', created my own channel and hopefully in the near future I will be able to come to you live from my studio!! will keep you posted.
And these arrived yesterday - 'Frozen Charlottes' - some of you will be familiar with these extremely cool little bits of ceramic dolls. Go here for the back story on these gems.(making some personal art using these sweethearts)
This also arrived yesterday!!! OMG! I'm in love with this piece - it's my birthday present from Jim! I scored it on etsy at Hopscotch Coutour. Please visit Marelle's site! I think her work is wonderful. I am a 'recycled jewelry' junky and putter with it myself, but this just screamed my name - sorry for the goofy photo - you know how it goes when you are trying to photo yourself and not look all crazy!
As you might have already noticed I've changed my hipstamatic corner to my 'morning photos corner'. As I am walking in the morning I've started to take pictures with my iphone and post to my 'morning photos' page. Since I have to walk so slow now, I have started to notice my neighborhood in a different way and so I have started documenting it. AND I finally configured my iphone to tweet - I've had a twitter account for years, but never really used it, but I'm full on now, so follow if you dare! You can click the twitter button at the top of my sidebar.
And finally the art part. The photo below shows a little 12x12 piece I'm going to work on this afternoon. This is the very beginning of the process - panel that I've cleaned my brushes on, now covered with globs of wax and bits of paper and some other stuff that I don't know what it is.......
Happy Tues and OMG! could this post be any longer? My rule of thumb is that each post is like a postcard - a small amount of text, then a pic, but oh, well, sometimes there is just more to say!
© All Rights Reserved